We are looking for creative candidates with an eye for design for the position of Hair Stylist. Hair Stylist duties include consulting clients on hair styling options, describing the benefits of different hair care products, persuading clients to buy their retail products and staying updated on the latest hair trends and styling methods.
Additionally, Hair Stylists need to be expert “people persons” to attract and retain long term customers. This requires good interpersonal and conversational skills.
- Consulting with clients on stylistic options for their hair.
- Listening to client needs to determine their preferences.
- Describing different hair care products and their benefits.
- Shampooing, cutting, coloring and highlighting hair.
- Offering manicure, pedicure, waxing and facial services.
- Performing scalp treatments.
- Acting as salespersons to sell clients hair care retail products.
- Building a personal relationship with clients to ensure return visits.
- Adhering to salon safety and cleanliness standards.
- Managing bookings and welcoming clients into the store.
- Keeping updated on hairstyle trends and styling methods.
- High school graduation or GED completion.
- Licensing from a cosmetology school.
- Previous experience as a Hair Stylist or colorist.
- A wide pallet of styling and coloring techniques.
- Proficiency with hot irons, curlers, and blow-dryers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal communication.
- Physical stamina.
- Creative mindset and a good eye for design.
- Other trades certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Hairstylist Trade Certification
- 3 years to less than 5 years
- Hair Colouring Techniques
- Streaking/highlights; Bleach; Frosting; Dyes/tints
- Hair Styling Techniques
- Permanents; Iron waving/curling; Twisting; Spiking; Roller setting; Blow drying; Hair braiding
- Additional Skills
- Supervise apprentices/students in training; Shampoo customers’ hair; Perform receptionist duties; Maintain and order supplies; Book appointments
- Work Setting
- Barbershop or hairstyling salon/studio
- Work Site Environment
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Public transportation is available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Standing for extended periods
- Work Location Information
- Urban area; Various locations
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Client focus; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability
- Hairstylist Specific Skills
- Suggest hair style compatible with client’s physical features or determine style from client’s instructions and preferences; Cut, trim, taper, curl, wave, perm and style hair; Analyze hair and scalp condition and provide basic treatment or advice on beauty care treatments for scalp and hair; Apply bleach, tints, dyes or rinses to colour, frost or streak hair
How to apply
3102 Clarence Avenue South suite 102
S7T 0C9 Between 10:00 AM and 08:00 PM